What’s Going On?
December 2017 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Blogs I Follow
- Whispering Earth
- Sue Schlabach
- Juliet Marillier | The Official Site | Author of Historical Fantasy
- Stella Chrysostomou - Jeweller
- Wild Prairie Silver
- Jane Cather Blog
- Emily Writes
- Color Poems
- To Be Aware
- Deannagracie's Weblog
- Ramblings by Robin Scanlon
- The Public Postcard
- Glenrosa Journeys
- Michelle GD
- late start studio
Liberate your Art
What happened this month?
Search for something
- art beach choices colour creativity family flowers food garden grandmother In my opinion inspiration jewellery life Life journeys Make something memories new beginnings Outside painting places to visit postcard swaps recycling risk taking spring transformation travelling Ultimate Blog Challenge Uncategorized What's on Your Workbench Wednesdays
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Yummy Vegan Ganache
First you need to make a batch of Cashew Nut Cream
1 cup of raw cashews broken bits are fine
1Tbspn maple syrup ( or honey, or golden syrup)
1Tbspn coconut fat, or vege oil (opt)
1Tbspn vanilla extract - or to taste
Soak cashews in11/2 cup water, 30mins-1hr. Drain & rinse.
Soak Dates in 1/2 cup water until very soft, 10-15 mins. Drain and keep the soak water.
Blend everything together in a blender, adding the soak water from the dates a little at a time to reach the desired smooth texture.
This is a fab topping and can be flavoured in heaps of ways.
For the chocolate ganache
Take a big block of dark chocolate (250g) and break into small pieces. Put in a bowl and place over gently boiling water - be careful not to burn yourself on the steam.
Add the cashew nut cream and gently stir until all the chocolate is melted and combined.
You can stir in any other flavouring or dried fruit at this point.
Spread while warm, or let cool and roll into little balls for a yummy sweet treat.
Makes about 2 cups.
This is one of my favourite celebratory treats!